16th Edition POWER TRANSMISSION IN INDIA
Price before Jan 10
Price before Feb 2
|Delegates||INR||GST @ 18%||Total INR||USD|
- There is a 30 per cent discount for those registering before January 10, 2023
- There is a 15 per cent discount for those registering before February 2, 2023
- There is a special low fee of Rs 7,000 per participant for state electricity boards and their successor units (state-owned transcos), regulatory authorities and research/academic institutions.
- GST @18 per cent is applicable on the registration fee.
- Registration will be confirmed on receipt of the payment.
For sponsorship opportunities and delegate registrations, contact:
Arushi Sethi – Conference Cell
The conference is being organised by India Infrastructure Publishing, the leading provider of information on the infrastructure sectors through magazines, newsletters, reports and conferences. It publishes Power Line (the premier magazine for the Indian power sector), Indian Infrastructure and Renewable Watch magazines. It also publishes a series of reports on the energy sector including Power Transmission in India and T&D Equipment Market in India. The company also publishes Power News (a weekly newsletter) and the Power Line Directory and Yearbook.
Global Transmission is a leading provider of information and analysis on the global electricity transmission industry. It publishes the Global Transmission Report (a monthly newsletter), Global Transmission Weekly (a weekly update), and a report on Global Electricity Transmission, and operates www.globaltransmission. info
Construction, L&T IDPL, Lara Global, Larsen & Toubro, Legion Energy, M&I Materials, Madhav Engineers, MAHA Transco, MAN Structurals, MDC AMPOWER, Mitsui & Co., Modern Insulators, Monnet Ispat & Energy, Motilal Oswal Financial Services, Motwane, MPPKVVCL, MPPTCL, Mtandt Group, National High Power Test Laboratory, NEDO, North East Transmission Company Limited, NPTI, NTPC, Paramount Communications, Paras Aerospace Solutions, Power Finance Corporation, Power Grid, Power System Operation Corporation Limited, Powerica, Powerlinks Transmission,
Preformed Line Products (Thailand), Premji Invest, Primtech, PSPTCL, PTC, Punj Lloyd, Quality Austria Central Asia, R.K. Powerd NLDC, R.S. Infraprojects, Ramboll, Ramelex, RECTPCL, Reliance Power Transmission, Renew Power, RRRVPN, SBI Capital Markets, SEIPL, Sekura india Management Limited, Septett Advisory Services, Shemar Power Engineering (India) Private Limited, Shenzhen Micromulticopter Aero Technology., Shivoham, Shree Kushal Fabricators, Sicame, Siemens, Skipper Limited, Sleepwalkers, SMEC, State Grid Corporation Of China, Steag, SteelAuthority Of India, Sterling & Wilson, Sterlite Power, Supreme & Co., Surya Roshni Limited, Suzlon Energy, Svarn Infratel, Synaptec Ltd, Tag Corporation, Tagbin, Tata Power, Tata Projects, Taurus Powertronics, TBEA Energy, Telegence Powercomm, TESMEC, Testo India, Tirumala Sevenhills, Tokyo Rope, Torrent Power, Transrail Lighting, Trimble Solutions, TS Transco, UP Power Transmission Corporation, VECV, Vidhyut Power, Vidyut Soudha Khairatabad, Voyants, WBSETCL, etc.
- India’s transmission network has been growing steadily in the past few years to support the transition to renewable energy. The country added 14,895 ckt km of line length in FY22 and 78,982 MVA of transformer capacity, an increase of 3.4 per cent and 7.7 per cent respectively over the previous year.
- With more ambitious climate change targets of 500 GW of non-fossil fuel capacity by 2030 set for the future, significant investments are underway to upgrade the country’s grid infrastructure at the interstate as well as the intra-state transmission levels. Besides increased adoption of renewable energy, the shift to electric power, growth in distributed energy sources, retirement of traditional fossil-fuel based power plants and an aging grid are expected to drivenew investments in the grid infrastructure.The National Infrastructure Pipeline estimates a cumulative investment of Rs 3,040.50 billion in the transmission segment till FY2025.
- Recent policy efforts have been directed to expedite project development and improve transmission system planning. The newly launched PM Gati Shakti initiative is expected to streamline project development and reduce time and cost overruns for all infrastructure projects including transmission, which will help address RoW issues. Meanwhile, for mobilising investments through the asset monetisation route, the MoP has recently issued guidelines under the acquire, operate, maintain and transfer PPP model. Further, the notification of thegeneral network access (GNA) regulations in the pastyear is expected to improve network planning and new transmission corridors.
- With rapidly changingmarkets, ramping up investments in new technologies to make the grid more reliable, secure and smart is also becoming an imperative for transcos.Digital substations, STATCOMs, FACTS, battery energy storage systemsare being adopted in addition to digital solutions like IoT, AI and MLto improve grid reliability and take advantage of new capabilities to support grid operations.
- The mission of this conference is to discuss the key trends and developments, and highlight the upcoming opportunities in the Indian power transmission sector. The conference will delve into pressing issues and challenges in the sector and the promising technologies and solutions. It will focus on asset management, innovative financing models, grid enhancing technologies as well as noteworthy projects.
KEY TRENDS AND OUTLOOK
- What have been the recent trends and developments in the power transmissionsegment?
- What are the key issues and challenges in the transmission segment?
- What is the future outlook?
- What are Powergrid’s investment plans and capacity addition targets for the next few years?
- What are the key issues and concerns?
- What are the priority areas for the next few years?
- What are the key initiatives underway for the development of the interstate transmission network?
- What have been the key policy initiatives to facilitate the growth of the power transmission segment?
- What are the key issues and concerns impacting the segment? How are these being addressed?
- What are the policy initiatives underway/planned going forward?
STU PLANS AND PERSPECTIVE
- What has been the progress in network addition by STUs?
- What are some of the new technologies being adopted?
- What are the key issues and challenges?
- What are the capacity addition and capex plans/targets for the next few years?
PRIVATE SECTOR PERSPECTIVE
- What has been the experience of private players?
- What are the issues and challenges faced by private players? What can these be addressed?
- What is theoutlook for the sector? What are some of the opportunities for private developers in the next few years?
GRID OPERATOR PERSPECTIVE
- What are the new and emerginggrid requirements?
- What are the biggest issues and challenges being faced in grid operations?
- What is the progress with regard to implementation of SCED and MBED mechanisms? How is the market for ancillary services shaping up?
- What is the grid operator’s outlook onthe sector?
GRID MODERNISATION AND DIGITALISATION
- What are the latest digital technologies and solutions for improving grid reliability and capacity, and managing congestion?
- What are the key benefits offered by these technologies?
- What are the challenges in the adoption of these technologies?
TRANSMISSION LINES AND TOWERS
- What are the new and emerging towers designs and conductor technologies?
- What are the new solutions and techniques for the construction and stringing of transmission lines?
- What has been the utility experience with these technologies? What are the key challenges?
ASSET MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES
- What are the existing asset management practices of utilities?
- What are some of the emerging technologies and solutions for asset management?
- How can digitalisation enhance asset management?
- What are the best practices for the O&M of transmission assets?
REGIONAL INTERCONNECTIONS AND CROSS-BORDER POWER EXCHANGE
- What is the current status of cross-border power exchange between India and its neighbours?
- What are the steps being taken to enhance regional energy exchange? What are the planned cross-border transmission projects?
- What are the key issues and challenges?
RENEWABLES INTREGRATION AND ENERGY STORAGE
- What are the key challenges in the grid integration of renewable energy?
- What is the update on Green Energy Corridors and other schemes for renewable energy evacuation?
- What are the plans of utilities for energy storage to address network issues?
- What is the outlook for grid operation with increasing renewable energy?
ROLE OF INVITsIN ASSET MONETISATION AND FINANCING
- What has been the experience with InvITsso far?
- What is their role in enabling and financing the development of transmission?
- What is the outlook for InvITs in scaling up investments in the transmission segment?
ADDRESSING CYBERSECURITY ISSUES
- What are the initiatives being taken to improve cybersecurity of the grid?
- What lessons can be learnt from global experiences?
- What are the issues and challenges?
TECHNOLOGY AND PROJECT SHOWCASE
- What are the new and promising technologies thatare most relevant for modernising and strengthening power transmission and improving grid reliability?
- What are some of the noteworthy projects?
- What has been the implementation experience?
The conference is targeted at officials and managers from:
- Transmission companies
- Regulatory agencies
- State electricity boards
- Power transmission companies (public/private)
- Interstate transmission operators
- Private developers
- Utilities (public/private)
- Technology providers
- Funding agencies
- Equipment manufacturers
- Consulting organisations