20th Edition GAS IN INDIA, A VIRTUAL CONFERENCE
Delegate benefits (Virtual Conference)
- Direct interaction with senior speakers (Q&A facility)
- Easy connectivity to geographically dispersed delegates (click of a mouse)
- Concise report offered as a backgrounder
- Cost effective (lower ticket price as compared to a physical conference)
- Offers flexibility and convenience
- Access to conference recording
- Recap of conference sessions
- Contributes to sustainability and lower carbon footprint
|INR||GST @ 18%||Total INR||USD|
|2 – 3 Login||15,000||2,700||17,700||250|
|4 – 5 Login||21,000||3,780||24,780||350|
|6 – 9 Login||27,000||4,860||31,860||450|
|10 – 20 Login||33,000||5,940||38,940||550|
- GST @18 per cent is applicable on the registration fee.
- Registration will be confirmed on receipt of the payment.
Benefits of sponsorship (Virtual Conference)
- E-Meet influencers and decision-makers
- Reach out to and engage with new or active prospects
- Generate high quality sales leads
- Increase brand recognition
- Target a captive and engaged audience
- Drive website traffic through social media promotions
- Position your company as the thought-leader in your industry
For sponsorship opportunities contact:
Tel: +91-11-41034615, +91-8587065590
The conference is being organised by India Infrastructure Publishing, the leading provider of information on the infrastructure sectors. The company publishes Indian Infrastructure (a magazine on infrastructure policy and finance), Power Line (India’s premier power magazine) and Renewable Watch (covers the entire spectrum of renewable energy). It also publishes a series of reports on the oil and gas sector including City Gas Distribution Market in India and LNG Market in India. It also publishes Oil & Gas News (a weekly newsletter) and the Oil & Gas Directory and Yearbook.
For delegate registrations, contact:
Tel: +91-11-41034615, +91-8587065590
- Natural gas forms an important part of India’s energy matrix. The past few years have been quite eventful for the sector, with the introduction of a slew of reforms and policy measures to enhance self-sufficiency in sourcing these fuels. Yet, the country’s heavy reliance on imports continues. In addition, the recent months, marked by the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic, have thrown up a new set of challenges. That said, there are some shoots of hope as Unlock 1.0 is resulting in some demand revival, although gradual.
- Over the past two to three years, the government has paid significant attention to reviving the exploration and production (E&P) segment by introducing supportive policy measures.Recently, in April 2020, the Directorate General of Hydrocarbons simplified the E&Pprocedures for oil and gas by permitting self-certification for discovery notification and deemed consent for investment in fields within a stipulated time.
- In the past 12-18 months, bidding rounds have been held under the OALP and the DSF Policy to provide a leg-up to domestic oil and gas output. As of April 2020, a total of 94 exploration blocks have been awarded under the OALP,covering an area of approximately 136,790 square km.
- India also launched its maiden Indian Gas Exchange on June 15, 2020, taking a big step towards market-based pricing and trading of natural gas. The platform is the country’s first online delivery-based gas trading platform for natural gas.
- Further, renewed attention is being given to the development of city gas distribution networks and countrywide pipelines. Investments to the tune of Rs 1.2 trillion are expected to be made in the next 8-10 years to expand coverage of compressed natural gas (CNG) and piped natural gas (PNG) across the country. In addition, around 44 GAs covering 100 districts have been identified for the upcoming eleventh bidding round.However, the development of new pipelines has been slow owing to issues related to land acquisition and rightofuse.
- Meanwhile, the declining natural gas prices continue to be a pressing concern for E&P players. The latest revision has set the price at $2.39 per million metric British thermal units (mmBtu), the lowest under the new domestic gas pricing regime. LNG terminal capacity is also growing at a slow pace.Over the past five years, there has been a steep fall in spot LNG prices owing to a glut in the global LNG market. Under long-term contracts, the prices vary between $6.95 and $8.50 per mmBtu.
- The overall outlook for the gas sector is positive, though conditional upon the post-Covid-19 recovery rate. Demand is certain as significant market potential lies untapped. The supply side is flush with imports, though these are expected to reduce some years from now, once current exploration activities result in producing fields. That said, the current disruption due to the pandemic is tough for oil and gas players worldwide, and Indian companies are no exception.
- The mission of this conference is to discuss the key trends and developments in the gas sector, identify the potential strategies to fast-track implementation, showcase noteworthy projects and technologies,and highlightthe nearand medium-term outlook and opportunities for the gas sector in India. The conference will also provide an excellent forum for all stakeholders including gas companies, consultants, technology providers and equipment manufacturers to share their experience and exchange views.
EMERGING TRENDS, DEVELOPMENTS AND OUTLOOK
- What have been the key trends in gas supply, demand and prices?
- What are the recent developments? What are some of the unresolved issues?
- What are the potential challenges in light of Covid-19?
- What are the new and emerging opportunities and future outlook?
MoPNG PERSPECTIVE: ACHIEVEMENTS, PLANS AND STRATEGIES
- What have been the key achievements of the ministry during the past year?
- What has been the impact of the recent policy initiatives taken by the MoPNG?
- What has been the impact of Covid-19 on the natural gas sector? What are the specific relief measures announced by the government?
- What policy changes/initiatives can be expected in the future?
ACHIEVEMENT & PROGRESS IN LAST 20 YEARS
This session will be a panel discussion among the key sector professionals who have made a significant impact
- How do you assess the progress made in the gas sector in the past two decades?
- What are the biggest policies/programmes that have shaped the sector?
- How different are the challenges of the gas sector at present as compared to two decades ago?What are some of the strategies needed to overcome these challenges?
- What is the short-and medium-term outlook for the sector?
GAS COMPANIES’ PERSPECTIVE: EXPERIENCE, IMPACT OF COVID-19 AND FUTURE STRATEGIES
- What has been the experience of the key players so far? What have been the biggest challenges?
- What has been the impact of Covid-19 on the business? What are the key expectations from the government?
- What are the future investment plans?
E&P SCENARIO: BIDDING ROUNDS AND INVESTMENT REQUIREMENTS
- What are the key initiatives and measures that have been taken to promote E&P activity?
- What are the investment requirements for recently awarded OALP and DSF blocks? What are the targets and timelines for implementation?
- What are the upcoming opportunities for various stakeholders?
- What has been the impact of Covid-19 on the E&P segment?
KEY CONSUMERS’ PERSPECTIVE: CURRENT DEMAND, SUPPLY SOURCES AND FUTURE REQUIREMENTS
- What are the current requirements of the key consuming segments?
- How are the requirements being met? What are the gas sourcing strategies?
- How is the demand expected to increase in the next few years?
- What has been the impact of Covid-19 on domestic gas supply, LNG imports and prices? What are the other issues and challenges?
GAS SUPPLYOUTLOOK: TRENDS, IMPACT OF COVID-19 AND FUTURE OUTLOOK
- What have been the trends in domestic gas production in the past few years? What are the key initiatives that have been taken to increase E&P investments?
- What are the recent trends in gas prices? What has been the impact of these price fluctuations on E&P investments?
- What has been the impact of Covid-19 on gas supply? What is the outlook for gas supply?
CITY GAS DISTRIBUTION: NETWORK EXPANSION PLANS AND FUTURE GAS DEMAND
- What is the current demand for gas from the CGD sector?What are the sources of gas supply?
- What has been the impact of Covid-19 on project implementation and gas sales volumes?
- What are the network expansion plans? How is the demand for gas expected to increase in the next couple of years?
LNG MARKET TRENDS, INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT AND SUPPLY OUTLOOK
- What are the recent trends and developments in the LNG market?
- What are the recent trends in global LNG prices (spot and long-term contracts)?
- What has been the performance of the existing LNG terminals?
- What are the upcoming and planned projects in this segment? What has been the impact of Covid-19 on LNG supply, prices and infrastructure development?
EMERGING REGULATORY SCENARIO: RECENT DEVELOPMENTS AND UNRESOLVED ISSUES
- What are the recent regulatory developments?What will be the impact of these developments on the gas industry?
- What have been the recent regulatory initiatives taken by the government in light of the Covid-19 pandemic?
- What are the key unaddressed regulatory issues and concerns?
PIPELINE INFRASTRUCTURE: CURRENT STATUS AND KEY CHALLENGES
- What is the status of approved and planned pipeline projects?
- What is the update on the Northeast Natural Gas Pipeline Grid?
- What are the investments expected in the segment? What has been the impact of Covid-19 on project implementation?
GAS TRADING EXCHANGE: INDIA’S FIRST GAS TRADING PLATFORM
- What are the key features of the recently launched natural gas trading exchange in the country (types of contracts – short and long term, members, clients, etc.)?
- What is the expected impact on natural gas pricing and consumption?
- What will be the key benefits for gas consumers?
SPOTLIGHT ON NATURAL GAS VEHICLES: EMERGING TRENDS AND NEW OPPORTUNITIES
- What are the emerging trends and developments in the natural gas vehicle market?
- What are the new technologies/equipment options being deployed? What has been the experience so far?
- What are the key issues and challenges?
TECHNOLOGY AND EQUIPMENT SHOWCASE: NEW AND EMERGING REQUIREMENTS AND SOLUTIONS
- What are the emerging and new technology and equipment requirements for the gas sector in light of Covid-19?
- What are the recent trends and advancements? What is the role of IT and automation in various operations?
- What specific benefits can the sector derive from technology advancements (AI, robotics, blockchain, GIS, ERP, IoT, big data, etc.)
- What are the new technologies being offered by vendors?
For speaking opportunities, please contact:
Mob: + 91 8826000927
The conference is targeted at officials and managers from:
- Natural Gas Producers
- Natural Gas Buyers
- LNG Suppliers
- Potential LNG Buyers
- Oil & Gas E&P Companies
- Pipeline Operators
- City Gas Distributors
- Policymakers and Administrators
- Government Agencies
- Regulatory Agencies
- Equipment Manufacturers
- Technology Providers
- CBM Companies
- Captive Plants
- Fertiliser Manufacturers
- Steel Manufacturers
- Other Industrial Users
- Ports and LNG Shipping Companies
- Financial Institutions
- Research Organisations
- Industry Analysts
- Consultants and Legal Firms