Video Webinar on COLD CHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE IN INDIA
The fee per participant for webinar is Rs. 3,000 (USD 50)
18% GST is applicable on the above fee structures.
For further details, please contact
India’s cold chain potential remains largely untapped. Despite large-scale production of perishables and temperature-sensitive produce, factors such as a significant share of single-commodity cold storage infrastructure, absence of decentralised facilities, and high initial investments and operating costs affect the segment’s growth prospects. In areas where cold chain facilities are available, there is an absence of elements such as pack houses, reefer transport and ripening chambers. However, in recent times, the focus has shifted towards the development of end-to-end and multi-purpose cold chain infrastructure, which is expected to provide significant opportunities to stakeholders across the cold chain segment. The creation of a seamless national cold storage chain, geo-tagging of cold storage facilities, transportation of perishable produce under the proposed Kisan Rail and Krishi Udaan schemes, and building of a cold storage channel for perishable items on a PPP basis are all key steps towards the development of a robust cold chain infrastructure across the country.
In this context, Indian Infrastructure is organising a webinar to provide an understanding of the recent trends and emerging requirements in the cold chain infrastructure segment, identify key challenges, highlight the potential solutions, and discuss new growth areas and opportunities.
The webinar will have a 75/80-minute moderated panel discussion featuring three to four experts from among cold chain infrastructure providers, investors, key consuming segments, technology and equipment providers, and others.
The panel will address questions such as:
- What are the emerging needs and requirements in the cold chain segment?
- How is the industry expected to evolve with the creation of a national cold storage chain?
- What has been the industry’s response to the Covid-19 crisis? What are the key challenges being faced? How will the disruption impact the implementation of cold storage projects?
- What will be the impact of the National Logistics Policy on the segment?
- What is the industry’s wish list for the government?
- What are the steps being taken to ensure the creation of energy efficient infrastructure? What is the potential of off-grid renewable energy technologies in cold chains?
- What are the investment needs and requirements? What is the viability of PPPs in cold chains?