Video Webinar on Impact of Covid-19 and The Way Forward for Airports
Organiser: Sponsor :
The fee per participant for webinar is Rs. 3000 (USD 50). There is also a 20 percent for those registering before April 29, 2020.
For group subscriptions (upto 5 logins), the price will twice that of a single login.
18% GST is applicable on the above fee structures.
For further details, please contact
Mobile: +91- 9711588987
The Covid-19 pandemic has brought the airport sector to a standstill. The complete suspension of travel has adversely impacted the revenue streams of airports. Private operators are seeking relief in the form moratoriums on debt obligations and waivers of the revenue shares payable. While the Airports Authority of India has deferred payment schedules, operators are considering bilateral negotiations with the authority and invocation of force majeure for suspension of payments. It is, therefore, important to deliberate on the stakeholder expectations, potential strategies for risk sharing in light of the current disruptions, and the way forward for the revival of the sector.
In this context, Indian Infrastructure is organizing a webinar to provide an assessment of the impact of Covid-19 on the airport sector, understand the government’s plans to provide functional relief to the stakeholders, and discuss the near-term survival measures and long-term strategies that airport operators are planning to adopt to withstand the impact of such disruptions.
The webinar will have three components:
- A 15/20-minute presentation by a leading sector consultant on the current scenario, the impact so far and the future outlook.
- A 25/30-minute interaction with a senior representative of the Airports Authority of India on the key challenges, impact on airport operations, project delivery, costs and revenues, as well as the mitigation strategies that the authority is considering to deal with the impact of the crisis. It will also provide an opportunity for participants to seek clarifications and make suggestions.
- A 60-minute moderated panel discussion among private airport developers/operators and other industry experts.
The panel will address questions such as:
- What has been the overall impact of Covid-19 on the airport sector?
- What will be the likely impact of the revenue shortfall on airport charges for airlines and passengers? What will be the implications of the invocation of force majeure on revenue-sharing arrangements?
- What are the expectations from the government?
- What are the strategies being considered for resumption of operations post the lifting of the flying ban on airlines?