Video Webinar on FOREIGN INVESTMENT IN INDIAN INFRASTRUCTURE
The fee for participating in this webinar is USD 100 for overseas participants per login/delegate.
There is a 20 per cent discount for registering before May 15, 2020. For group subscriptions (upto 5 logins), the price will be twice that of a single login.
We would greatly appreciate a line in reply confirming your participation so that we can send you the webinar and payment link.
For further details, please contact
Mobile: +91- 9711588987
The Covid-19 pandemic has certainly impacted infrastructure development, developers and investors. Stakeholders across sectors such as roads, ports, airports, railways and power are facing significant revenue losses on account of the disruption in activity. The uncertainty surrounding relief packages, growth in infrastructure capex, concerns about inordinate delays and strained project viability have turned foreign investors cautious. While the private sector is looking for stimulus packages and waivers on financial obligations, the government has so far been able to offer only
moratoria. The current scenario has also impacted the government’s asset monetisation, disinvestment and privatisation plans.
On a positive note, there will be significant opportunity for foreign investors post Covid-19 because the government will speed up the implementation of National Infrastructure Pipeline, go aggressive on asset monetisation, and there will be distressed assets. In fact, the government plans to promote the ‘plug and play’ model to fast-track investment proposals especially for projects with substantial foreign investment. In this context, it is important to assess the investor expectations, to what extent will a financial stimulus aid recovery and the impact of Covid-19 on investment strategies of foreign players.
Against this background, Indian Infrastructure magazine is organising a webinar to provide an understanding the impact of Covid-19 on infrastructure projects and investments, and to highlight the key challenges and potential new opportunities. It will also present the foreign investors’ stance and outlook.
The webinar will have two parts:
A 25-minute presentation by a leading consultant answering the following questions:
- What has been the impact on infrastructure projects?
- What has been the impact on investments and investors?
- What are the key challenges and potential remedies?
- What is the outlook for foreign investors?
- What are the potential opportunities for foreign investors?
A 70-minute moderated panel discussion among four-five foreign investors including global strategic investors, pensions funds, private equity firms/VCs and sovereign wealth funds among others. The panel will address questions such as:
- What is the perspective of foreign investors on fund flow towards the infrastructure sectors? What will be the overall impact of Covid-19?
- What are the preferred routes for foreign investors and developers (InvITs, acquisition of controlling stakes in operational assets, etc.)?
- How are the investment strategies expected to change in the short to medium term given the uncertainty in infrastructure capex growth?
- How are platform investments likely to pan out in the coming years? What emerging/alternative investment routes are expected to be explored by long-term investors?
- What are the key risks for investors? What are the return expectations?
- What are the future prospects for monetisation and privatisation of existing assets?
- What is the infrastructure investment outlook for the next one to two years? What is their wish list from the government?