Video Webinar on Smart Cities in India
The fee for participating in this 4-video webinar series is Rs 10,000 plus 18 per cent GST per login/delegate.
There is a 20 per cent discount for registering before May 4th, 2020. For group subscriptions (upto 5 logins), the price will be twice that of a single login.
Registration will be confirmed on receipt of the payment. To register online, please log on to
For further details, please contact
The 100 cities being developed under the Smart Cities Mission (SCM) had identified over 5,100 projects worth about Rs 2 trillion. So far, over 87 per cent of these projects worth Rs 1.6 trillion have been tendered. Of these, over 3,600 projects worth Rs 1.2 trillion are under implementation while the remaining have been completed. Launched in 2015, the mission was off to a slow start and faced issues in terms of setting up of SPVs, selection of project management consultants and funds generation. Despite the challenges, significant progress has been made with respect to the development of integrated command and control centres, smart roads, smart water, solar rooftops and vibrant public spaces. In a bid to fasttrack the mission implementation, the MoHUA has launched the “Sister Cities” initiative, under which the 20 best performing cities will work with and handhold the 20 bottom cities. Further, the government has announced the development of five new PPP smart cities to enhance private sector participation.
Indian Infrastructure magazine is organising a series of four webinars featuring discussions among CEOs of key smart cities to understand the progress so far, discuss the key issues and challenges, highlight the emerging trends, and identify the new and upcoming opportunities. These webinars will provide a platform for a very useful exchange of information and ideas about both the implementation challenges and the strategies to fast-track mission implementation.
Key topics to be discussed include:
- Key features of the smart city and the progress so far
- Key challenges faced by them and the strategies to overcome them
- Next steps and new opportunities
- Learnings for and from other cities
- Expected short-term and long-term impact of Covid-19
Each video interaction/webinar will be for 70-75 minutes with two CEOs of leading smart cities.
It will focus on the smart city corporation’s project progress, new initiatives, key challenges, future strategies and plans. These sessions will give an opportunity to hear from smart cities at a time when travel has become almost impossible and it remains uncertain when it may open up.
The four video interactions will be from among the following smart city corporations:
- Ahmedabad Smart City Development Limited
- Nagpur Smart and Sustainable City Development Corporation Limited
- Tiruppur Smart City Limited
- Ranchi Smart City Corporation Limited
- Bhopal Smart City Development Corporation Limited
- Surat Smart City Development Limited
- Kanpur Smart City Limited
- Indore Smart City Development Limited
- Greater Vishakhapatnam Smart City Corporation Limited
- Vadodara Smart City Development Limited
- Nashik Municipal Smart City Development Corporation Limited
- Pune Smart City Development Corporation Limited
There will be a presentation by each CEO followed by a moderated interaction and Q&A.