Webinar on LIFE HACKS IN MECHANIZED TUNNELLING
For further details, please contact
Tunnel boring machines (TBMs) are increasingly being deployed for major tunnelling projects as they permit higher rates of advancement to be achieved. However, the use of TBMs still has scope for optimisation such as upgradation in TBM guidance systems, improved monitoring of the cutting process, a more objective digital documentation of the tunnel face and more comprehensive evaluation of the deformations of the tunnel lining. New technologies are being introduced to ensure efficiency and safety in TBM operations by removing various geotechnical uncertainties. The tunnel contractors will have to actively adopt such technologies to ensure the highest degree of competence in the tunnelling process. The mission of this webinar is to discuss the safety considerations of tunnelling contractors, assess the emerging needs and requirements for mechanised tunnelling technologies and digital solutions and to examine the role that monitoring tools can play in optimising tunnelling operations.
- What are the new and emerging requirements of contractors for mechanised tunnelling technologies?
- What are the recent advancements concerning TBM guidance and real time monitoring? What has been the industry experience in this area?
- What are the key drivers to encourage technology penetration and digitalisation in this area?
The confirmed speakers include (in alphabetical order):
- Sanjay Dave, Vice President & Sector-Head-Engineering Management (CEMG), HCC
- Colonel Parikshit Mehra, Commander 42 Border Roads Task Force, Border Roads Organisation
- Jonatan Rodriguez Marcos, Regional Sales Manager, VMT GmbH
- Sandeep Sharma, Regional Sales Manager, VMT GmbH
- K. Vishnoi, Director, Technical, THDC
- Florian Werres, Head of Sales & Head of Business Unit SDS, VMT GmbH