Road Development in India 2020
The road sector has witnessed significant progress in the past four to five years. The sector continues to offer huge opportunities. A total capital investment of Rs 20 trillion has been planned for the roads and bridges sector for 2020-2025 under the National Infrastructure Pipeline. Meanwhile, the ministry has set a road construction target of Rs 15 trillion for the next two years. However, the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic has put a halt on the ongoing and planned projects across the country. Bids are being postponed, announced/approved projects are on hold and factors such as shortages of raw materials and labour are delaying the ongoing projects. India Infrastructure Research released an updated version of the Road Development in India 2020 report with an aim to conduct a realistic assessment and analyse:-
- Impact of Covid-19 on ongoing, under bidding and announced projects, upcoming opportunities, investments and funding sources, supply chain, input costs, etc.
- Recent developments and new government initiatives.
- Relief measures and strategies to fastrack project implementation.
- Future outlook for the sector for the next 4-5 years.
The report is divided into six sections with Nineteen distinct chapters:
Section I: Market Analysis, Recent Developments and Future Opportunities
- Sector Overview and Key Trends
- Impact of Covid-19 on Projects, Construction and Financing
- Government Initiatives and Impact of Policy Changes
- Asset Monetisation under TOT
- Market Opportunities under Bharatmala Pariyojna
- Project Pipeline: Realistic Assessment in Light of Covid- 19
- Future Outlook and Projections (till 2024-25)
Section II: Focus on Key Implementation and O&M Models
- Hybrid Annuity Model: Progress and Experience
- BOT Model: Revival Strategies and Potential
- EPC: Experience and Outlook
- Operations, Maintenance and Tolling
Section III: Investment Experience and Potential
- Financing Trends
- Asset Sales and Acquisitions
Section IV: Focus on Equipment and Materials
- Equipment: Market Trends and Projections
- Materials: Market Trends and Projections
Section V: Progress and Opportunities in State Road Development
- Progress in the Northeast
- Snapshot of Key States
- Profiles of Key States(Each state profile will cover road network, recent developments and project portfolio(completed, under implementation and upcoming)
Section VI: Profiles of Key Developers and Contractors
(Each profile will provide an overview of the project portfolio (completed and under construction), financial performance, recently secured contracts, future plans, strategies, etc.)
The 11 Monthly Updates comprise spotlight on emerging trends, new developments, policy and regulatory developments, status of key projects/ programmes, upcoming bids, contracts, tenders,etc, project updates and key data and statistics
52 Weekly Newsletters cover news developments in the Indian road sector relating to policy, projects, developers, NHDP and other programmes, construction contracts, loans and Investments, mergers and acquisitions, etc.
The package is priced at Rs 1, 10,000 (plus 18% GST)/USD 2596.
The report, monthly updates and weekly newsletters is available in a PDF format along with a comprehensive excel-based dataset.